SAP Business One – Goodwill® Suite delivers a centralized view of your business so you get real-time status of retail sales, inventory, and profitability by location and product group.
Goals of Goodwill® Industries
- Unified System
- Integrated Retail POS
- Inventory Control
- Reduction of Manual Processes
- Embedded Analytics
- Loss Prevention
- Reliability of Data
- Improved IT Infrastructure
- World-Class Technical Support
- Current Technology
- Less-Paper Office
- Reduction of Overhead
- Improved Profitability
SAP Business One – Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Complete – All essential business functions (accounting, customer relationship management (CRM), operations, sales, marketing, service, warehousing and more) are available out-of-the-box. This helps ensure complete visibility and better control to help you run your end-to-end business processes professionally.
Integrated – All business functions come in one package, which makes them easy to set up, use, and optimize. Integration with other systems is possible via standard integration packages or open application programming interfaces (APIs).
Extensible – A flexible platform allows for future growth and innovation. There are 41 localizations and more than 500 pre-integrated, industry-specific, and horizontal solutions available via SAP partners.
Innovative – Offered via mobile devices and providing real-time data insight, you get access to ground-breaking technologies – and you stay ahead of the competition.
Truly affordable – Available as “on-premise” rapid implementation or as a cloud solution available for a monthly fee.
Unlike most other software applications that focus on a specific area of business, such as accounting or customer relationship management (CRM), SAP Business One is an integrated business management application. It offers a complete set of core functions, including financials, customer management, sales, operations, and logistics, which address the business management needs of your entire company.
SAP Business One is more than the typical financials software that was born out of accounting and bookkeeping, or a standalone customer relationship management solution. It helps businesses like yours manage the entire process of selling and servicing clients.
Now imagine that one application can help all of the people in your organization do their jobs, and that all of them work with the same set of information using the same application that can do the following:
- Integrate all parts of your business so everyone operates on the same core business information
- Supply users with interfaces specially designed to support the way they work
- Process data in real time so you never have to wait for nightly or weekly postings, which means that the financial data of your business is always up to date and available
- Issue warnings and trigger corrective actions to take place automatically when certain limits set by managers and other users are exceeded
- Simplify reporting and analysis with easy-to-create reports and data extraction into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
The SAP Business One – Goodwill® Suite application can help you manage both traditional retail and online sales, coordinate loyalty programs, track inventory, monitor customer demand, and view replenishment schedules – all in a single system.
Besides running your core business functions such as sales and financials, SAP Business One – iVend Retail POS can help you:
- Strengthen customer loyalty
- Track all customer contacts and purchasing preferences; launch targeted promotions, offers, and campaigns that keep customers coming back to buy more.
- Anticipate customer demand; analyze complete past transaction data to predict what customers will buy, check inventory availability in real time, and balance stock levels to match demand.
- Optimize inventory management; manage your inventory level to match anticipated demand; track all stock items/groups and movements with full visibility into real-time inventory availability. This allows you to make informed decisions regarding ordering, pricing, time-sensitive promotions, inventory overhead, and your bottom line.
- Grow your online presence and sales; design and manage online stores and seamlessly integrate them with “shopGoodwill.com”, eBay, Amazon, back-end inventory management, order processing, shipment tracking, and payment systems. SAP’s integration services and API make it easy to integrate all your sales environments to gain a centralized view of your business. By delivering a complete view of your business across online sales, telesales, and retail sales operations, SAP allows you to optimize inventory, ordering, and profitability. Integrate eCommerce, credit card readers, scanners, touch screens, and all-in-one POS stations.
- Control operating costs; streamline your entire business process – from ordering to inventory, invoicing, and accounting.
- Real-time credit card processing
- Real-time reporting across multiple locations
Getting customers to come to your stores and shop is one thing, ensuring they come back again for repeat business is a very different challenge. Everyone loves gratification and if it is instant, it is that much more appreciated. Customers are spoilt for choice of moving to other retailers, either in store or online and therefore it is becoming more and more important to acknowledge the customer for the business they do with the retailer. Equally important is to monetize the gratitude. Reward them for the business they do.
iVend Loyalty is a points & rewards management application, designed to significantly improve customer retention by bringing them continuously back and improving customer satisfaction levels. iVend Loyalty is seamlessly integrated with iVend Retail and can integrate with SAP Business One ERP system. Flexible Loyalty Plans with multiple redemption features make iVend Loyalty an imperative solution not only for the traditional Retail Industry, but also for non-profit organizations.
iVend Loyalty is configured to operate in a real time mode allowing consolidation of data across stores and the head office in real time. However, when connectivity is not available it processes the transactions locally and then synchronizes with the head office whenever the connectivity is restored.
iVend Passes is a platform for retailers to deploy Digital Passes on Apple Passbook and Android devices. You can engage your customers with a digital Loyalty Card, digital Coupon or digital Gift Cards. iVend Passes remove the technical challenge in doing so allowing you to focus on your consumer engagement. iVend Passes is a cloud platform that enables retailers to use the service seamlessly at their point of sale. Have you seen the ‘Passbook’ icon on your iPhone and wondering what it’s all about? Now you can make digital passes like loyalty cards, gift cards, coupons in iVend Passes and send them to your customers in digital form while saving printing dollars along the way.
Warehouse Management System (Mobile) – WMSm
SAP Business One records goods receipts and goods issues in any warehouse. By integrating individual item prices or price lists, you simultaneously update inventory valuation. SAP Business One transparently integrates inventory and accounting transactions. As a result, stock levels are adjusted, inventory accounts credited or debited, and applicable inventory variances accounted for as soon as a stock movement is posted. Inventory transfer functionality allows you to readily move items from one warehouse to another.
The pick-and-pack manager in SAP Business One lets you easily create pick lists and pull the listed items from the inventory. Consignment and drop-ship orders are smoothly processed by creating dedicated customer warehouses. You can perform cycle counts while orders are received and shipped, so that business activity does not have to be postponed to perform stocktaking. If the cycle count shows a level below the minimum stock point or a stock level discrepancy, the powerful alerts manager feature in SAP Business One notifies your warehouse and purchasing managers.
The comprehensive inventory count functionality of the warehouse management system allows you to record initial quantities, perform inventory tracking, and post stock differences by warehouse, item, item group, vendor, or any custom-defined properties. Stocktaking sheets are generated and printed easily using the print layout designer in SAP Business One. In addition, you can do all this with multiple warehouses.
Accounting and Financials
SAP Business One helps you manage your general ledger, journals, budgets, and accounts payable (AP) and receivable (AR). You can conduct all your banking activities, including processing bank statements and payments by methods such as check, cash, and credit card, as well as internal and external reconciliation of various accounts. You can also create various financial reports including profit and loss, cash flow, balance sheet, aging, and profit center reports.
Purchasing and Operations
Every business needs a systematic approach to managing the procurement process, from creating purchase orders to paying vendors. SAP Business One helps coordinate the complete order-to-pay cycle, including receipts, invoices, and returns. You can also plan material requirements for production, control bills of material, and replenish inventory automatically. And using SAP Business One’s robust reporting functionality, you can quickly analyze the performance of your vendors and adjust your procurement strategy accordingly.
Unified Workforce Management (HR & Payroll) for Goodwill Industries
One database. One user experience. One employee record.
In today’s challenging business environment, you need to get the most from every available resource, including your employees, to stay competitive and fuel growth. After all, the workforce is your most valuable — and likely your most expensive — asset. But disparate systems, manual or semi-automated processes, and limited visibility into employee data can stand in the way of workforce optimization. That’s why you need an integrated solution on a single database that provides real-time access to consistent, accurate workforce information to help you make informed decisions and drive bottom-line results.
Our workforce management suite provides the complete automation and high-quality information you need to manage your workforce — from hire to retire — using a unified workforce management platform with a common user interface, database, and workflows. It provides the single-source, real-time data access you need — across time and attendance, HR, payroll, and more — to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity.
Our flexible, cloud-based solution is simple to use and easy to afford. Modules can be leveraged individually or as a complete, integrated workforce management suite. Predictable per-employee, per-month fees mean you pay only for what you use. Our software as a service (SaaS) delivery model eliminates worries about installing or maintaining software, staying up to date with legislative changes, or investing in the next upgrade. So you can focus on what you do best: growing your business.
- A single, integrated platform: Get enterprise-class power — simplified — with a seamless workforce management suite that shares a common user interface, database, and workflows.
- A flexible, modular solution: Mix and match modules to suit your current and future business needs. Buy what you require today and then add more when you’re ready.
- Real-time visibility: Get the up-to-the-minute data you need to make informed workforce decisions and head off costly problems — before they impact your bottom line.
- Easy mobile access: Take advantage of the mobile app to drive better decision making — from anywhere, at any time — for more effective workforce management.
- Cloud-based delivery: Reduce your IT burden by letting SoftengineHR manage your solution in the cloud for optimal flexibility, scalability, and affordability.
- TIME AND ATTENDANCE: Control labor costs for bottom-line results
- ACCRUAL AND ABSENCE MANAGEMENT: Keep it fair and consistent for ongoing compliance
- HR: Manage the entire employment lifecycle
- PAYROLL: Deliver the perfect paycheck every time
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT: Get affordable compliance monitoring
- REAL-TIME VISIBILITY AND DATA ACCESS: Use dashboards, reports, and self-service tools to drive results
- MARKETPLACE: Extend functionality with preintegrated add-on solutions
Reporting and Administration
SAP Business One provides powerful integrated analytic and reporting tools to help you access the critical business information you need. With SAP Business One together with fully integrated Crystal Reports, you can gather data from multiple sources and generate timely and accurate reports based on critical company data across financials, sales, customers, inventory, service, and operations. Completely integrated with the Microsoft Office products and focused on data security, Crystal Reports allows you to choose from a variety of report formats and to control access to information displayed. You can also use drag-and-relate functionality and interactive drill downs through multiple levels of relevant data to get complete information instantly.
Control access to information – Assign access rights at user and group levels. Security features will help ensure that your employees view and access only the reports that they are authorized to access.
- More time to focus on growing your business thanks to streamlined operations
- Faster response to customer needs with instant access to complete information for immediate action
- Strengthened bottom line with a single, integrated system that eliminates redundant data entry and errors, improving process efficiency and reducing costs and delays
- Closer customer relationships through centralized information that makes it easier to manage customer communications, sales, and service
- Reduced costs and faster time to value with an application that is quick to implement, straightforward to maintain, and flexible enough to accommodate the changing requirements of your business
“GOODWILL®” is a registered trademark of Goodwill Industries International, Inc.
SAP Business Transformation Study
Goodwill: Achieving Precise Sales and Inventory Reporting with SAP Business One®