Small businesses across the globe are increasingly turning to mobile devices (iPhones and iPads) to run their business from any location, at any time. To enable small businesses to stay connected with their business and customer data while away from the office, SAP has created an iPhone application for the SAP® Business One application, available now on the Apple iTunes Store. The mobile application provides constant access to important data and key functionality of SAP Business One, and is available for free as part of the maintenance contract with SAP to those with a user license of SAP Business One 8.8 patch level 12 or higher.
The SAP Business One application for iPhone allows users to check on inventory and customers, access reports, receive alerts and process approvals. With the mobile application, users have real-time access to data and can easily navigate, respond and trigger remote processes.
Mobile applications enable you to mobilize your business information through the integration of mobile devices with the SAP Business One application. This gives you the flexibility to view and manage your enterprise data and processes away from the office, at any time.
The following new features are delivered with SAP Business One for iPhone and iPad.
- Creation of Sales Order / Sales Quotation
- Submitting drafts of Sales Quotations and Sales Orders for Approval, additional fields, default BP currency and filter options (filter by status: open/ created by myself/ all documents)
- Handling of Service calls
- Handle service activities, from picking up to closing a service call, and track solution details
- Look up related service calls from service contracts or customer equipment cards
- Alerts and Approvals
- Get alerts on specific events, such as deviations from approved discounts, prices, or credit limits
- Use intuitive interface to sort alerts by date, type or priority
- View and complete approval requests with minimal clicks
- Drill into relevant data before making your decision
- Ask for additional information or provide comments in the approval process
- Reports and Dashboards
- Visualize key information about your business in real-time by customized or predefined reports and dashboards – And share both by e-mail
- Improved user interface for iPad
- Multiple Branches support
- MAC address of device used for authorization instead of UDID
Important note: Version 1.6.0 of SAP Business One for iPhone and iPad changed the authorization methodology from UDID to MAC address. It is only supported with IOS 5 and cannot be installed on devices running IOS 4.
- The mobile app is free.
To use it, you only need a professional, limited, or starter package user license of SAP Business One with a valid maintenance contract.
- Manage Business Partner Information
- View Business Partner details, including account information
- Create new customers, vendors, and leads
- View Business Partner related sales documents (sales quotation / sales order / sales opportunity)
- Check or modify addresses, email- addresses, phone numbers, contact details
- Log new activities
- Synch activities into your mobile calendar
- View historical activities, and special prices
- Initiate a phone call
- Locate your contact on a map and plan a route
- All changes automatically get synchronized with SAP Business One on the backend, and optionally synch activities into the calendar of the device
- Monitor Inventory and Product Data
- Monitor stock/inventory levels
- Get detailed product information for all items you sell
- Preview item pictures and check pricing information such as purchase and sales price
- Find detailed inventory information by warehouse
- Extremely powerful iPad scenarios with SAP Business One, version for SAP HANA
- Enterprise Search integration
- Pervasive analytics for BPs and inventory
- Cash flow forecast dashboard
- Available-to-Promise (ATP) check when creating sales orders
- Delivery rescheduling for existing sales order items